This week I actually started producing my game. Throughout the process of creating my game, I used a program known as Open Broadcasting software or OBS. Unfortunately, OBS was unable to record the actual game when it launched because of its settings but I will include a video of compleated game below along with the creation video.
Pixel Art – Character concepts
I was tasked this week with design pixel art versions of are main characters and some of the bad guys they will face. For this I had to research and find some reference photos. I used my mood boards to guide me on what kind of look I was going for.
This week I have been exploring animation and the techniques and processes of animating pixel art. We started off by learning about the history of animation and then moved on to different practices with animation and creating our own sprite animations using Photoshop.
Into to pixel art – The Queen
This week we did another pixel art task where we had to recreate The Queen in a pose form a reference image. This task was set up in three stages, the first stage was to recreate the queen in 16X16 resolution, the second stage was to do it again but in 24X24 and finally do a third one in 32X32.
This week we were given part if are brief for this term. We are going to be making retro style indie games based around a location and character we drew from a bag. In addition to this we have been developing our production studios further by designing logs and thinking about what colors, typefaces, font size and layout we are going to use. Are company pulled from the bag Ada Lovelace who is the first computer programmer and Ancient Egypt. Continue reading “Term 2 Week 1”
Hansel and Gretel Interactive E-Book Evaluation
For this first term I have been making an Interactive E-Book based on the Hansel and Gretel fairy tail. To do this I have had to learn new skills in a variety of programs and about using other techniques to improve my knowledge. To start the process of creating my E-book I first needed to do some research into what I could do with the story and what already existed so that I could decide what type of audience I was going to make it for. Once I had this research done I began planning what my E-book was going to look and how it would function. This involved;
Making a research plan so that i could research further into subjects and make informed decisions on what i want done.
Creating a design document that contained all of my information architecture, audience, platform and what the project as a whole will do.
Creating a Style guide to make sure that all of my buttons, icons, characters and backgrounds follow the same style and theme as each other.
Producing wire frames that will help guide me on where all of the assets will go and the general layout of the book.
With this our of the way I moved on from this to the research phase of the per-production. I proceeded to do research into colors and their meanings so that i could show the reader the characters personalities.